Saturday, June 2, 2007

Odd customers

People are weird.

One guy was walking by our store with a female companion. They point at this huge poster we have in our display window and criticize it. He was making fun of the size of the model's hands and her foot. He was saying how big they looked. Excuse me???

Today, a lady came into our store and says the same thing lots of ladies say. We have beautiful things. But they're too expensive.

These two ladies, one was a large lady, came into our store. She rifled through a pile of shells for a twin set that doesn't stay neat at all. It's very easy to mess up the pile. I asked her if I could help her look for a size. She said no, she already got it, apologized, and said she'd fix the pile. Well, of course, her "fixing" wasn't that great, so I had to fix it anyway. Turns out, the four things her friend took into the fitting room ... one was a size small sweater, two were larges (another sweater and the mentioned shell), and the third was an XL sweater. Go figure. Apparently her lady friend was very confused.

Right before closing, this lady walked in and went straight to our bathroom. So... I was fixing the clothes in that area so as soon as she came out, I could greet her. She went to the bay right next to me and "looked" at the clothes there. She asked me if we had anything with long sleeves and silk. I told her she was in the wrong season for silk. Seriously. We get silk and long sleeves mostly in the fall or winter. NOT in spring or sumer. This is when we get linen. Funny thing is... come November, there will probably be some lady asking me for linen. It's like coming in right now and asking for corduroy. Wait a couple more months. Then you can start asking. What did she do after I told her we didn't have any silk? She left. Naturally. She came in just to use our bathroom, ten minutes before the mall closed. Naturally.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all of our customers, I really do, but when the store is about to close, OMG. GET OUT! I wanna go home!