Thursday, May 21, 2009

"I cannot open? I cannot open??"

Last winter, I was folding these V-neck sweaters in our store. This customer (for the sake of the post, we'll call her Nena) comes up to me and asked me what style they were. I said, just a V-neck. She gets mad at me, really mad too, and says "JUST A V-NECK? I CANNOT OPEN? I CANNOT OPEN??" and then storms out of the store. I am not kidding. She got all upset and offended. Where in my answer did I tell her that she couldn't open one? Where in her question did she ask me if she could? Did I not answer her question? After all, she just asked me what style they were. She didn't ask me anything about opening one or anything else. I answered her question. She asked me what the style was, I told her. If she hadn't been such a drama queen, I would've told her all the colors that we carried and asked her if she would like to see a size. Because that's what I do. I tell them all the available colors and pull out the right size for them so they don't have to search for it. Of course, she had to throw a hissy fit and storm out of the store before I could.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew how crazy being a sales associate is.