Monday, September 3, 2007

Personal Hygiene

And please, let's put the emphasis on personal here. The other day, I walked into the fitting room and there was a lady in there cutting her nails. It wouldn't have bugged me, except she was dropping the clippings onto our floor. This is a public place and I thought it was gross. And then the following day, I noticed there was something on our sales floor by the entrance of the store. Guess what? More nail clippings. Okay, I understand the importance of personal hygiene ... but like I said, can we emphasize the word "personal" here. If you need to cut your nails, please do so at home. I understand if you break a nail, sure, go ahead, take care of it. But don't sit in our store, cut all your nails, and then leave the clippings on our sales floor. You never know if someone will walk around barefooted in the store and step on your clippings. Okay, so it's less likely to happen on the sales floor. But people do walk around without shoes on in the fitting room.

This reminds me of another customer who came in. I think she came in to make a return. As she was leaving, she stopped to look in the mirror. She asked my manager if she had rubber band. My manager said no. Then she asked, "Don't you get rubber bands in your shipment?" Moral of the story? If you need a hair-tie, supply your own. Don't expect the store to have extra "rubber bands."

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hello
I laughed and just shook my head in amazement. I have only worked with the public a short time and it blows my mind how rude some people can be.

My dd works in a grocery store and she could write a book on people and how mean some of them are.

(see someone did read your journal)
Joy

Unknown said...

Wow. Just wow.