Thursday, May 24, 2007

We are not baby-sitters

Do not send your kids or elderly parents into our store just to sit in our chairs. That's what benches in the mall are for. We are not your baby-sitters. We are not here to watch your kids or your elderly parents while you shop at ANOTHER store. Even when you are in your store, if you're leaving your kids in one area of our store while shopping in another area, your kids better be well-behaved. Or we will take them by the hand, ask them who they are with, and look for you. Because if they are not behaving, you better believe it's YOUR job to make sure YOUR kids are behaving in public.

A while back, this group of teens came into our store and sat in our chairs in the front. There were four teens, two chairs. I watched them to see if they were with anyone. Good thing my manager wasn't around because she certainly would've said something to them, and then to me. Because they certainly weren't in our store to shop and they certainly weren't with anyone shopping in our store. Finally they left on their own. Again. There are benches outside our store where they can sit and hang out. NOT in our store.

Today, this old lady comes in and sits in our chair in the front. I look around the store and five minutes later, I KNOW that she didn't come in with someone else. In fact, I saw her walk in after talking to a lady who was probably her daughter, who was headed to Macy's. The lady sits there for a good fifteen, twenty minutes before her daughter comes back for her. They browse for a little bit before leaving. I can sympathize with the old lady, but come on.

And tell me ... what is the purpose of looking into our store from the entrance, stepping one foot inside, and then leaving? Or better, you stand in our entrance way long enough for our very sensitive sensor to beep several times. OR you walk in and as soon as you do, you walk back out? Did you realize you walked into the wrong store? What? Come on. Don't you have more sense than that? You can see what kind of clothes we carry from our window displays. That should give you more than enough insight to what kind of clothes we carry.

How many times do I have to repeat this? I AM NOT A HUMAN DIRECTORY. This one lady walked in asking me if there was toy store in this end of the mall. She mentioned FAO Schwartz, which I can tell you has been gone for a LONG time. In fact, I think we were standing where FAO Schwartz used to be. Then there was that person who walked in through our back entrances, asked me where a store was (which was located right above us) and then walked out the front entrance. She could've done the same thing. Walk in through the mall entrance, looked at the directory, and walked to the escalator to take her to the store. She could've saved herself the time it took to go to our store, ask me for directions, and walk out of our store. Unless she didn't know how to read a directory. Don't people know how to read a directory anymore? Or are they just plain lazy?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

stupid! i can't get enough of these rants

Falling LEAVes said...

sorry I took a year off from posting. My friend told me she was reading up on my posts and was busting out laughing. She told me to keep it up. I thought about it. Nothing much has been going on, so we'll see what happens