Saturday, May 26, 2007

Can you have the decency to fess up?

Apparently, in this day and age, no one likes to take responsibility. No one wants to accept the blame. For example, the customer who spilled her coffee on our carpet. She didn't want to tell us she spilled it. When my manager asked her if she did, she ignored her and didn't want to accept the responsibility.

Last night, I was emptying the trash from all the fitting rooms. We have these nice little containers that we line with plastic bags. Good thing, too, because I found some more unknown liquid in one of the bags. If that was just someone pouring soda out, why not use the bathroom? Or, toss your soda in the trash can OUTSIDE the store. They have big ones for that. And if it was the OTHER kind ... again, that's why we have bathrooms for customer's use. And, please, why didn't you tell us that you did? Who knows how long that was sitting in there.

I'm telling you. No one likes to take responsibility for their actions these days. It reminded me of something that happened last year. I went in to check on my customer in the fitting rooms. Just as I got to her room, guess what? Her pad fell out and landed on the floor. She picked it up and put it right back on, because I certainly didn't find it in the trash can. Guess what? When I went back to check on her, she handed me a pair of pants and said "someone" else left a stain in the crotch. Guess what kind of stain it was? A nice, big, red stain. Fresh. It wasn't faded. You KNOW what kind of stain it was. But did she fess up and take responsibility? No. Even though I knew it was her and I saw her pad fall on the floor.

Working with the public is no easy job. Especially when the public has gone insane and their morality needle is off-kilter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO THROW UP!