Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Buttons and zippers and denial


This drives me absolutely nuts. Is it too much to ask that you either a) don't unbutton something completely or b) button it back up if you do. Please don't completely unbutton something if you don't intend to at least button half of them back up. For instance, we have this linen dress (see picture) that has lots of buttons. This lady came in, pulled out the size 16, unbuttoned every button so she could try the dress on, on top of her clothes, in front of a mirror, on the sales floor. She takes it off, puts it back on the hanger, and talks to her friend. I come over, take the dress, and proceed to button every button. I didn't care if she was offended. Too lazy to go into a dressing room to try it on and too lazy to button it up again. Is it really necessary to unbutton everything? When I try on blouses and cardigans, I usually slip them over my head without unbuttoning them if I could. But, seriously! Ooh I was not too happy with this lady. She says nothing in our store fits her and she's too big. Well, then why do you come to our store if you know that? Go to Pasadena! They have a plus-size store.

Oooh... and this happens all the time. If you usually wear an XL or a 16... what makes you think you'll fit into a medium???? A customer recently, like the other day, tried on an XL in one sweater and commented that it didn't fit, it was too small. She continues to try things on, even though they DON'T FIT! She takes a XL jacket into the fitting room, asks our new assistant manager to bring her a MEDIUM. A MEDIUM GUYS!!!! Well, I was heading into the rooms anyway and so she asked me to bring it to her. I gave her a look that said, is this woman insane? Does she not realize that she doesn't fit into an extra large and therefore cannot possibly fit in a MEDIUM???

Okay ladies ... it's time that you stop swimming around in the River of the Nile... you know what I mean ... DENIAL! Just face it. I'm borderline, where I can fit into our stuff, but also in the woman's stuff. And that's fine by me. It means, more for me to choose from. But when the day comes that I will have to start shopping in the plus sizes, I won't try to squeeze into a medium.

No comments: