Thursday, April 26, 2007

Potluck of things

There were different things I wanted to blog about. So I didn't know what to title today's entry. Let's start with today.

This customer came up to the register and wanted to know how much this sale item was. I told her. It was 29 something with the additional 25% off. She goes, "I don't speak English very much." She motions for me to write it down. Me? I don't understand what's the difference, but okay. So I wrote it down "29.15 + tax". Apparently she didn't understand the "+ tax" part, because when the total came up to 31 something, she decided she didn't want it. Once I already started the transaction on the register, meaning I had to call my ASM3 over to cancel it. Grrrr. Wait! I haven't mentioned the best part yet! I started the transaction once, but then she pulled out something to return. GREAT. Just what we needed right? Well, guess what? It was wrapped in Ann Taylor tissue coming out of an Ann Taylor bag and I didn't recognize it as our merchandise. Guess what? It was from Ann Taylor. So I told her, "That's Ann Taylor." I told her the name of OUR store. She didn't look like she understood me. So I repeated myself. "THIS IS NOT ANN TAYLOR. ANN TAYLOR IS OVER THERE." Goodness. She points out the store and asks where. Good riddance.

Before her, there was this other customer who was in the fitting room forever trying on this twin set that was in sale. She took in like six different pieces. Naturally, she didn't buy any of them and left a mess in the fitting room. Anyway, she was in the fitting room a good half hour. Okay, more than that! Because she was in there before I went on my lunch break and didn't leave till a good while after I got back from my lunch break. Anyway, she left the store and came back and said she had put a blue sweater on hold. ASM4 holds up a blue sweater she has on her go-back rack and customer says, "no, it looks like that one, but that isn't it." She goes to the sale rack and pulls out the EXACT SAME SWEATER and says, "this is it." Buys it. Leaves the store. And comes back again to make an order on the red line. GOOD GRIEF.

And then there was this lady... at the end of my lunch break had a return. It was a gift, so she only had a gift receipt. Well, it was a sale item and she needed it in another size. Mind you. It was something that we didn't have much of anyway when the sale started and now that the sale is almost over, we definitely didn't have it. What did she have me do? Call three stores to get it for her. On top of that, I had located it at the second store I called. She then comes up, while I'm with this other customer who I was helping, and asks me to search for a pair of sales pants. So I wouldn't have to charge her twice for shipping or ask one store not to charge for shipping, I called one more store that listed both items. After waiting a long while, the store did have both items and we got the send sale done. Long while after she left, I called the second store back to let them know that I didn't need the shirt after all. All that for a twenty dollar shirt. Not even too. Man. Tonight was supposed to be a slow night, too. Actually, it was. But I had some customers who needed extra attention.

On top of that, we received a box that nobody bothered to put in the stock room. Instead, they put in the little hallway area, right behind the stock room door. So every time you opened the door, it would hit the box. Me? Whenever I came out of the stock room, the door would hit the box and then hit me back. Finally, I got tired of it after the handle caught me on the inside of my arm right behind the elbow. It hurt. In fact, the only reason I remembered to put that in the blog was that I accidentally touched the spot and went "ouch!" cuz it still hurts hours later.

The other day, LS was in petite and I was in front. And ASM2 kept switching us back and forth. After LS finished fixing the back, she got switched to the front. When ASM2 told her to stay up there, she goes, "No! That's not fair." She complained about how it isn't fair that she recovered the entire back area and now has to do the front. Then she says she wasn't complaining about me. She was just saying how it wasn't fair in general. Excuse me. But I have been there many times where I keep my area clean and then get switched to the back, where the rolling rack is full of go-backs and the entire back area is beyond repair and I'm expected to clear the rack and make the back look perfect. And it usually happens when SHE is supposed to be back there, but she spends all her time at the cash wrap, regardless of the fact that there is no one needing to be rung at the moment.

There are too many stories to tell and I always forget three-quarters of them. Wish I could carry something around to record them all. Seriously. Imagine the book I could write with all these stories.

2 comments:

Tayeko said...

I love your blog. I am a ASM at dressbarn and I actually just had an interview at Talbots to work there. Your blog is hilarious and soo true. ^^

Falling LEAVes said...

What Talbots did you interview at? Rats ... I was hoping no one would figure out what store I worked for. Did I mention it anywhere???