Thursday, April 19, 2007

Does it really matter...

... what race I am?

The other associates don't ever get asked what race they are. So, why does it matter what race I am? Sure, half our staff is one ethnicity and it's obvious. The other half... still pretty obvious for the most part. I get asked at least a couple times a week if I am a certain race by women of said race. It doesn't irritate me until it continuously happens. Then there's that one customer who assumed I wasn't born here and asked me what ethnicity I am. What does it matter? Our staff is a very ethnically diverse staff. As it should be! Do they think that I'll give them a discount if we're the same race? Or a better deal? Sorry, but no bargaining allowed ladies. One lady even tried last week! She was like, fifteen? fifteen? My manager told her, we can't bargain. What kind of business do you think we're running?

No comments: