Thursday, April 12, 2007

Human directory

Sometimes it really annoys me when a customer walks into our store just to ask me where something is. Do they not realize there is a MALL DIRECTORY outside of our store? Do they not realize that there are people whose JOB it is to know where all the stores are? Do they not realize that I AM NOT A HUMAN MALL DIRECTORY??? When my current store manager transferred to our store, she really didn't like being asked where a store in the mall was. She wasn't familiar with our mall, and therefore wasn't able to answer the customer. Once, a customer gave her an attitude, and I think she even said that she should know where the stores are.

Again, sometimes I don't mind being asked. If they're shopping in our store, then it's not a problem. But when it's just a mall shopper, then it's annoying. I don't like being treated like I should know where there's a music store or a book store or a kids' store or a toys store. Again. That's what mall directories are for. That's what INFORMATION is for. And there is one located in the mall.

Once, the store next to us temporarily relocated. So, guess who kept getting asked where they were. At first, I had no clue where they had relocated to. There was a sign that said where, but even then I wasn't sure. THEN when they were moving back, neither locations were open, and people were still coming in to ask us where it was. I DO NOT WORK FOR THE STORE NEXT DOOR. AND I DO NOT WORK FOR MALL MANAGEMENT OR INFORMATION. They do have employees who do that job. Not me. I just work in my store.

No comments: