Monday, April 30, 2007

Five different sizes?!?!?

How do you go into a fitting room with fifty units of clothing ranging from a size six to a six fourteen? And then ask if there is a size sixteen? THEN only put one item on hold to purchase, which ended up being a size ten.

That's exactly what happened today. There was a customer with her daughter in the fitting room. I didn't start the room for her, but I certainly finished it. She was there when I came back from my break and they hung SEVERAL units on another fitting room door to go back. But, there were SEVERAL units hanging on the door outside their room. I asked if those were go backs, and they said no. They had so many things inside, they couldn't bring anymore in. So, every couple minutes, I'd go back in and there would be more things hanging across their room that needed to be put back. By then, I already had several units needed to be put back. Already I knew. Either they weren't going to buy anything at all, or have a huge purchase. They had so many things. That ranged from a lot of different sizes. She had sizes six, eight, ten, twelve, and fourteen in the fitting room. Okay, I can understand having two or three sizes. BUT that many? And then she asked for the largest size too. So, I hope maybe the daughter was trying things on too. But, I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it was only the mom trying things on.

Also ... the other day, LS2 was taking a return and she made a comment to one of the associates that she liked what the return item was and was going to purchase it. In front of the customer returning it. When the customer found out how much it was being marked down to, she wanted to repurchase it at the reduced price. Store policy doesn't allow repurchasing. Mistake number one was LS2 made the comment in front of the customer. Here comes the next mistake. She told the customer she couldn't because LS2 was going to buy it. They go back and forth. Customer wants to return and repurchase. LS2 says store policy won't allow it. Customer decides to keep it. GOOD FOR HER!

No comments: